• All reviews submitted to Does-The-Product-Work.com are reviewed and approved by our editors before being displayed on the website. This is done to ensure that only reviews that are truly useful to consumers considering a product purchase appear here.
• All reviews must describe first-hand experience with the product. Reviews that merely cite third-party opinions or that simply discuss whether the reviewer thinks a product might work will not be approved.
• Reviews that are part of a coordinated campaign by a product manufacturer or marketer will not be published.
• Be as complete, detailed, and specific as possible in your review. Reviews that do not give valuable information about the performance of the product will not be approved.
• If you include any details about customer service issues (for example: unauthorized charges, delayed shipping, or unhelpful telephone representatives), you must specify exactly where you purchased your product from. Examples include: “800 number listed in the TV commercial”; “Amazon.com”; “Target.” Note: Reviews that are mostly complaints about customer service and that do not discuss the performance of the product itself will not be approved for publication!
• No links to external websites are permitted in a review. Any user-submitted links in a review will be removed before being published.
• Reviews may be edited by the editors of Does-the-Product-Work.com for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Reviews should not be written entirely in capital letters.
• No foul or indecent language is permitted in a product review. Any such words included may be deleted or edited by the editors before publication.
• No insults to people who have previously submitted product reviews are allowed! You may politely disagree with a point made by a previous reviewer, but blatant insults are not permitted. Any review engaging in such insults either will not be published or will be edited before publication. Also, do not impugn the motives of other reviewers (for example, “All the positive reviews must have been planted by the company.”)
• A real name or initials must be used in the name field of each review. Obvious pseudonyms (such as “Unhappy Customer”) may be changed to initials by the editors before being published.
• A valid email address must be included when a product review is submitted. The editors may contact you at the email address provided for confirmation.
All product reviews reflect only the opinions of the people who submit the reviews and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors of Does-the-Product-Work.com.
Claims made in submitted product reviews are not verified by the editors or publishers of Does-the-Product-Work.com. All readers should use their judgment when reading user product reviews.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Does-The-Product-Work.com, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION WE GATHER AND TRACK
Does the Product Work gathers two types of information about users:
Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to review products, and to participate in contests and drawings.
Information Does the Product Work gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Does the Product Work derives its revenue mainly from sponsorships and advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service free to users. Under no circumstances does Does the Product Work divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Does the Product Work Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Electronic newsletters policy
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Does the Product Work gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
2. Product Reviews
Does the Product Work collects the names, locations, and email addresses of those who submit product reviews. In addition, the IP addresses of those submitting proudct reviews is logged. This information is never shared with third parties
Does the Product Work tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Does the Product Work does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Does the Product Work sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Does the Product Work uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to submit product reviews. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Does the Product Work never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
Does the Product Work creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Does the Product Work operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.
All content on Does-the-Product-Work.com is under copyright.